* The package sent to all Australians on the electoral roll will include a reply paid envelope.
* Any extraneous material placed in the envelope will be destroyed and the survey form may also be destroyed.
* Those not wishing to participate are encouraged to destroy the form.
* Surveys will be barcoded, but will only be used for "mark-in" purposes.
* Arrangements will be made to allow remote Australians, those living in Antarctica and those deployed overseas to participate.
* The result will be published on the ABS website on November 15 and broken down along electorate and state lines.
* Observers will be nominated by parliamentarians to monitor key steps in the process.
* OCTOBER 27: The date voters are strongly encouraged to post their form back by.