Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

US convicted killer lured Sydney girl

19 May 2017 2:20 PM
22 0
US convicted killer lured Sydney girl

The principal of an exclusive Sydney girls' school says it's a relief a 16-year-old student who flew to the US to meet a 39-year-old man for sex is home again with her family.

The Lindfield teenager allegedly met Sean Price on social media app Snapchat in October 2016.

Six months later she was on a plane to Los Angeles with the pair then driving across the country to New York.

Price is now behind bars in New York accused of contacting the girl and enticing her overseas for sex.

The girl's parents reported her missing more than a month ago - the same day she left Sydney.

'Our thoughts are with both the student and her family at this difficult time,' Pymble Ladies' College principal Vicki Waters said in a message to parents on Friday.

She told them their daughters had been 'advised to avoid commenting on the situation amongst friends and especially on social media'.

'Due to the fact the student is legally a child and that the police are now investigating the situation, we have impressed upon the girls the need to maintain confidentiality,' the principal wrote.

It's alleged Price transferred about $2000 to the girl's bank account before she fled overseas.

US prosecutors allege the pair met and drove in a hire car to New York where Price lived with his mother in Queens.

NYPD officers went to Price's home on May 12 and caught him and the girl hiding in the basement.

The girl has since returned to Australia, Australia Federal Police confirmed on Friday.

The girl, referred to in US court documents as 'Jane Doe', was reported missing on April 11 and a search of flight records revealed she had left the country, the AFP told AAP.

Also read: Missing Sydney girl found with man in US

Source: skynews.com.au

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0