Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «will»

19 November 2017 4:30 AM Hobby trainer Garry Worsnop has made 20 times his investment on Big Haz

Warsnop backed Big Haz to win the $150,000 race in Wagga and if he's right the pair will progress to Randwick in April for the $500,000 Country Championships final. "He didn't win in his first five starts because he wasn't mature enough, it takes four years before danes come good and at five and half they really peak," Warsnop said. "We'll put him away for the Championship 3

18 November 2017 2:12 AM Labor to win in Queensland: Newspoll

Labor may return to government in Queensland, taking marginal seats from the Opposition via One Nation preferences, the latest Newspoll suggests. The survey of six swing seats suggests that both parties will lose votes to Pauline Hanson's One Nation, but the preferences will help Labor win other seats from the Liberal National Party, according to the poll published 6

17 November 2017 7:56 AM Cricket ACT: Mark and Dean Solway hope Canberra Big Bash bid inspires next gen

The Solway name has become a staple in representative team lists in the capital ever since Peter was churning out high scores en route to becoming Canberra first grade's highest ever run-scorer. Dean says a BBL team in Canberra will be a huge boost for the entire region and open the door for the next generation to put their name up in lights. "I remember 8

17 November 2017 3:16 AM Labor all aboard for three new rail stations but Cross River Rail comes first

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has committed to building three new rail stations on the Gold Coast but the funding schedule for the $120 million project is unclear. The new stations would only happen if the $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project went ahead, and would be delivered after Cross River Rail, meaning the stations would not be built until 2023. Ms Palaszczuk 7

17 November 2017 2:06 AM National Capital Rally secures its future and returns in 2018

Canberra's National Capital Rally has secured its future after spending almost a decade in the wilderness and will return in June next year. The Canberra forests will host the Australian leg of the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship for the second year in a row, as well as forming part of the Australian Rally Championship, from June 1-3. More than 80 million 9

16 November 2017 10:03 PM Ashes 2017/18: Australian selectors confirm shock recall for Tim Paine

The 32-year-old was on the verge of retirement earlier this year but forced his way back into the side after his more fancied rivals failed to seal the deal in the Shield. Overlooked for the gloves for Tasmania's Shield team, Paine scored a half-century for a CA XI against England followed by an unbeaten 71 for his state playing as a specialist batsman 9

16 November 2017 8:08 AM Macron invites Hariri family to France 'not at all' for exile

Paris: Lebanon's Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri and his family will travel to France in coming days, a French presidential source says, after Emmanuel Macron invited him as part of efforts to defuse tensions in the Middle East. Speaking in the German city of Bonn after a climate conference on Wednesday, Macron said his invitation was not an offer of exile 15

16 November 2017 4:00 AM Strong listing: Domain's ASX trading debut beats expectations with $2.2b valuation

The spin-out of digital real estate company Domain from parent Fairfax Media has come in ahead of expectations, adding a combined 9 per cent in value to Fairfax/Domain shareholders. Fairfax shares were trading at $1.06 earlier this week before adjusting for the Domain separation, which saw them fall around 30 per cent. However, each Fairfax shareholder 10

16 November 2017 2:50 AM Domain debuts on ASX

Online real estate classifieds business Domain has made its debut on the ASX. In its first few minutes on the boards Domain opened $3.80 and jumped as high as $3.98 in early trade. Fairfax has lost nearly a third of its share price to 75¢ as the market adjusts to the spin-off of Domain, of which it retains a 60 per cent stake. The other 40 per cent of Domain 11

15 November 2017 11:45 PM Same-sex marriage: debate begins in Parliament

Senator Smith, a Christian, says "people voted 'no' not because they had a particular problem with gay and lesbian Australians but because they felt it was the easiest expression of their fear about the change in Australian culture towards people of religious faith". "The 'no' advocates spoke much about religious freedom but couldn't point to what freedom 13