Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «shares»

16 November 2017 4:00 AM Strong listing: Domain's ASX trading debut beats expectations with $2.2b valuation

The spin-out of digital real estate company Domain from parent Fairfax Media has come in ahead of expectations, adding a combined 9 per cent in value to Fairfax/Domain shareholders. Fairfax shares were trading at $1.06 earlier this week before adjusting for the Domain separation, which saw them fall around 30 per cent. However, each Fairfax shareholder 10

16 November 2017 2:50 AM Domain debuts on ASX

Online real estate classifieds business Domain has made its debut on the ASX. In its first few minutes on the boards Domain opened $3.80 and jumped as high as $3.98 in early trade. Fairfax has lost nearly a third of its share price to 75¢ as the market adjusts to the spin-off of Domain, of which it retains a 60 per cent stake. The other 40 per cent of Domain 12

10 November 2017 12:40 AM Court gives green light to Ten Network takeover by US media giant CBS

US media giant CBS's $41 million takeover of the Ten Network will proceed, with a court approving the transfer of all shares in the embattled free-to-air network to the American company. Handing down his decision in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday, Justice Ashley Black said there was "no prejudice or unfair prejudice arising" from the transfer of Ten shares 11 1

6 November 2017 7:02 AM Rio Tinto appoints its first chief commercial officer

Miner Rio Tinto has elevated another leader to its executive committee, with the appointment of the company's first chief commercial officer. Simon Trott, currently the director of Rio's salt, uranium and borates division, will become Rio's chief commercial officer from January 2018. In a statement Rio said Mr Trott would be based in Singapore and be responsible 18

29 October 2017 1:59 AM How much you’ll pay if you have a damaged iPhone X screen

IF you’re getting an iPhone X — don’t drop it. Apple has revealed how much it will cost to repair the phone if the screen is damaged and it’s not cheap. Apple has revealed how much it will cost to repair the phone if the screen is damaged. In Australia, an iPhone X will cost $418.95 to just repair the screen without AppleCare+. That is almost twice as expensive 70

28 October 2017 8:27 PM Analysts See $-1.61 EPS for California Resources Corp (CRC)

Investors sentiment is 0.2 in Q2 2017. Its the same as in 2017Q1. It has no change, as 3 investors sold California Resources Corp shares while 2 reduced holdings. only 1 funds opened positions while 0 raised stakes. 197,169 shares or 1.32% less from 199,813 shares in 2017Q1 were reported. Analysts await California Resources Corp (NYSE:CRC) to report 74

28 October 2017 5:01 AM Vetr Inc. Downgraded Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCAU) to Buy

Vetr downgraded shares of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (NYSE:FCAU) from a strong-buy rating to a buy rating in a research report report published on Monday morning. Vetr currently has $6.85 target price on the stock. FCAU has been the topic of several other reports. Zacks Investment Research cut shares of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV from a hold rating 25

27 October 2017 11:34 PM Spain sacks Catalan government after vote

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy says a new regional election will be held in Catalonia on December 21 after sacking its president and government. A new regional election will be held in Catalonia on December 21, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said in a televised address on a day of high drama. As well as removing Carles Puigdemont as head of the autonomous 20

26 October 2017 11:28 PM Glenn Stevens, former RBA governor, joins Macquarie board as investment bank hits record high

Former Reserve Bank governor Glenn Stevens has jumped from being the nation's chief financial regulator to a seat on Australia's biggest investment bank Macquarie Group. Mr Stevens' appointment was announced as Macquarie released a record first-half profit of $1.2 billion and shares surged to a new high. Mr Stevens will join both the Macquarie Group 16

24 October 2017 3:42 PM The internet doesn't know what to do with this terrifying moth

Almost 200,000 shares for just a little moth? An image and video of a strange looking insect in Indonesia has gone viral on Facebook as users react to the creature's shocking alien-like appendages. Once again reminding us that nature is as terrifying as any sci-fi novel, the bug which looks like an average moth with giant tentacles growing out of its back, is actually 17