Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «asx»

16 January 2018 4:10 AM Markets Live: Bellamy's surges in weak ASX

Afterpay Touch shares have hit a record high after the-buy-now-pay later service revealed its underlying annual sales are on track to reach more than $2 billion and a possible move into the US market. In the three months to December 31, underlying quarterly sales hit $551 million, up from $367 million the previous quarter, while sales for the first half of the current 15

12 January 2018 2:59 AM Markets Live: Miners pull ASX higher

The mighty force of consumerism has taken hold in China. In 2018, retail sales in China are expected to equal or surpass sales in the United States for the first time, another definitive marker in China's rise to economic superpower status. The growth of China's domestic retail market is luring everyone from automakers to make up companies that want to cash in on the country's 24

10 January 2018 10:14 PM Markets Live: ASX set to extend losses

Wall Street's major indexes fell on Wednesday, stalling the rally that marked the start of 2018, after a report that China is considering slowing its purchases of US government debt. "We've had a tremendous run, mostly unabated since Trump's election in 2016 and with no volatility. If we do see a pullback, that's going to be a buying opportunity," said Michael 24

17 December 2017 10:42 PM Aconex receives $1.6b takeover offer from Oracle Corp

ASX-listed construction management software group Aconex has received a $1.56 billion buyout offer from US software major Oracle Corp. Aconex said in a statement its directors had unanimously recommended the $7.80-a-share offer, which represents a 47.4 per cent premium to Friday's closing price of $5.29. "With the addition of Aconex, we significantly 53

12 December 2017 5:20 AM Dashcam footage captures moment Perth cyclist is thrown from bike

Shocking dashcam footage has captured the moment a cyclist was thrown from his bike after being hit by a car south of Perth on Monday morning. The footage, taken on Safety Bay Road near Rockingham about 7.45am, shows a cyclist travelling in the bike lane on the side of the road before a white Toyota attempts to pull into the intersection, seemingly 66

12 December 2017 3:44 AM Markets Live: Banks, miners boost ASX

Bitcoin has punched through $US17,000 ($22,580) on the Bitcoin platform and some Americans are now taking out mortgages to buy into the cryptocurrency mania, CNBC reports. "Bitcoin is in the 'mania phase, with some people even borrowing money to get in on the action," Joseph Borg, president of the North American Securities Administrators Association 97

29 November 2017 1:26 AM Markets Live: ASX bolstered by banks

Capitol Health shares are up 3.3 per cent today after the firm announced plans to create one of Australia's biggest providers of diagnostic imaging after making a $356 million takeover offer for Integral Diagnostics. The deal, revealed by The Australian Financial Review's Street Talk column on Wednesday morning, values Integral at $2.46 a share, based 76

16 November 2017 4:00 AM Strong listing: Domain's ASX trading debut beats expectations with $2.2b valuation

The spin-out of digital real estate company Domain from parent Fairfax Media has come in ahead of expectations, adding a combined 9 per cent in value to Fairfax/Domain shareholders. Fairfax shares were trading at $1.06 earlier this week before adjusting for the Domain separation, which saw them fall around 30 per cent. However, each Fairfax shareholder 52

16 November 2017 2:50 AM Domain debuts on ASX

Online real estate classifieds business Domain has made its debut on the ASX. In its first few minutes on the boards Domain opened $3.80 and jumped as high as $3.98 in early trade. Fairfax has lost nearly a third of its share price to 75¢ as the market adjusts to the spin-off of Domain, of which it retains a 60 per cent stake. The other 40 per cent of Domain 43

6 November 2017 7:02 AM Rio Tinto appoints its first chief commercial officer

Miner Rio Tinto has elevated another leader to its executive committee, with the appointment of the company's first chief commercial officer. Simon Trott, currently the director of Rio's salt, uranium and borates division, will become Rio's chief commercial officer from January 2018. In a statement Rio said Mr Trott would be based in Singapore and be responsible 55