Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Missing Sydney schoolgirl allegedly lured to New York by convicted killer over Snapchat

18 May 2017 9:19 PM
39 0
Missing Sydney schoolgirl allegedly lured to New York by convicted killer over Snapchat

A Sydney schoolgirl who disappeared from her home last month has been rescued by authorities after it was revealed she was with a convicted killer who flew her to the US for sex.

New York man Sean Price, 39, was arrested last week after a joint investigation between Australian and US authorities who discovered he allegedly flew the 16-year-old girl from Sydney to Los Angeles.

It is alleged Price and the Lindfield girl met on Snapchat months ago until he eventually convinced her to fly to the US.

When the girl landed in Los Angeles, police allege Price drove nearly 4500 kilometres to New York with her, stopping multiple times to have sex in different states.

The 16-year-old Sydney girl was tracked down to this home in New York City after being allegedly loured to the US on Snapchat by a convicted killer.

Authorities tracked down Price, who was convicted of negligent homicide in 1995, and the girl to the basement of his mother’s New York home.

When NYPD officers arrived at the home, Price and the young girl allegedly attempted to flee out a back door, but when they were spotted by police they attempted to hide in the basement.

The AFP told 9news.com.au the girl has since returned to Australia and authorities are working to determine the "exact circumstances that led to her departure".

"The man (Price) was arrested and charged with a number of offences relating to his conduct and interactions with the girl and will face court action in the US," the AFP said.

Price's bail bid in a Brooklyn court on Wednesday failed and he has been remanded in custody.

Also read: Girl, 13, sexually assaulted by a relative armed with a knife: police

Source: 9news.com.au

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0