Published: 7:52PM Thursday November 28, 2013 Source: AAP
The clean up of homes destroyed in the Blue Mountains bushfire will begin on the weekend, the NSW government says.
NSW Police and Emergency Services Minister Michael Gallacher said commonwealth and state assistance would mean the cost of the work, which will start on Saturday, would not be deducted from insurance payouts.
The clean up will be done by expert contractors regularly engaged by insurers in the aftermath of natural disasters.
For those people who have not already been contacted by their insurer, owners of destroyed homes should contact NSW Public Works to organise work on their properties.
More than 200 homes were destroyed and 120 damaged in the recent fires that ripped through Winmalee and Springwood.
Earlier this month Blue Mountains Mayor Mark Greenhill criticised the government, saying the clean up of the region was taking too long.