Horn insists he'll bounce back, but Mundine bout not on radar

11 June 2018 3:01 AM

16 0

Jeff Horn has felt worse. That's something at least. The morning after the night before, the former welterweight champion iced the 26 stitches across both eyes before emerging to say he's not done with as an elite fighter.

On Saturday night, the former teacher had been given a harsh education by American Terence Crawford, who proved all sorts of points as he made a dominant step up to welterweight, mugging Horn for the WBO belt in the process.

Painful lesson: Jeff Horn has his gloves removed after suffering a ninth-round TKO against Terence Crawford.

Horn left the ring at the MGM Grand Garden Arena downcast and battered. Media commitments aside, he didn't make an appearance at any post-fight functions and after a night of rest, said frustration had now switched to defiance as he digested his first defeat as a professional.

"I'm frustrated and disappointed. I just have to rebuild from here. Definitely. I still feel like I can match it with the best of them out there. Terence Crawford is one of the best in the world and I matched it for him for nine rounds," Horn said.

"I don't want to feel like I've lost a fight and just running. Hopefully they admired my toughness and I definitely want to come back and have some big wins over here. You win some, you lose some. I've still got plenty more to prove. The loss won't be the end of me."

Source: brisbanetimes.com.au

To category page

Loading...